We’re getting excited for a new year and new trends coming up in 2013, but we also want to remember the style elements that made a strong showing in 2012. The National Kitchen and Bath Association recently recapped this year’s trends, and here are our favorites:
- Interior Concrete: Perfect for countertops or backsplashes
- Color Infusion Behind Glass/Glass Backsplashes: Glass adds an extra “shine” and creates a focal point
- Suspended Lighting: Sets the tone of a space and highlights specific areas
- Darker Finishes: Although white continues to be a popular choice, dark cabinets create a sleek and sophisticated vibe
- Solid Surfaces: Granite and quartz are the most popular elements for this trend
- Polished Chrome: Brushed metal begone, welcome back polished chrome & hardware
To see the full lists (there were two), check them out here and here! What trends do you think will be big in 2013? Any you hope will fade away?